Saturday, August 4, 2007

First Post - Monterey Countdown

Dana NyboSo, this is my first post and surprisingly, with my interactive media background, my first blog.


I have put this blog together to document my upcoming trip to Monterey for the 2007 Pebble Beach Concourse d'Elegance and the Concourso Italiano, as well as any other auto interests I may find there. I leave Minnesota for San Francisco on August 16th. The morning of the 17th, My wife Sarah and I make our way down to Monterey for the 2007 Concourso Italiano at the Bayonet Black Horse Golf Course. Sunday will be our day at Pebble Beach for the 2007 Rolex Concours d'Elegance. I intend to take many photos of these very interesting cars and will post many to share with you.


My secondary purpose for creating this blog is to share the many diverse automotive photos I have been collecting through the years.


I hope you enjoy the photos. Please share your thoughts with me.

6 comments:

Jelena said...

Little J and I will miss you so much. So 4am it is.
Just have fun.
And update your photo, would you please?

Colleen Mullins said...

Yeah--I was going to say the same thing...where's your goddamned tie?!! -CM

Dana Nybo said...

I know, no tie in the photo... I did bring plenty of ties with though. I brought 7 ties for an 8 day trip. Really 5 ties, one bow tie and an ascot. Yes... I did say ascot. I have a special ebay find which matches my plaid blazer for Sundays concours.
I will not dress up for the Concourso Italiano tomorrow though. Those Italian car guys don't dress up much beyond their ferrari t-shirts and I can't keep up with the Brioni, Canali and Prada of those who do.
~Dana

Unknown said...

I am experiencing the "I can't sleep" phenomenon also. Not because I'm excited but rather because only 7 more days until Dana comes home! I can't wait! We are all taking turns sitting in your chair, It' so form-fitting. Hope you are having fun checking out all the whale back porsches.
--bob

Dana Nybo said...

Thanks Bob, I appreciate you keeping my seat warm for me.
~Dana

W0lfwoman said...

I will attest to the tie fetish...where did you put in the blog what you spent on one tie a pebble?