Sunday, August 19, 2007

Sunday Highlights - Sarah's Perspective

I'll let Dana post something later, as I suspect the highlight of his day will be all the fantastic cars we saw. From where I'm sitting, here are the highlights of my day, in no particular order....
1. Best Pancake EVER
So, we went back to the First Awakenings Cafe this morning, so that Dana could partake in what I earlier declared the "best pancake ever" I had to bring along the camera to capture it in all its glory. See how it is dotted with fresh raspberries, sweet coconut, and tasty granola - pure breakfast perfection.
2. Seal Watching
Let me tell you, seals are WAY funnier to watch in person than on some silly National Geographic channel. They are loud and like to mess with each other - so pretty much like kids, but they live in the water. We snapped this picture along the shoreline about 4 blocks from the Inn.


3. Celebrity Sightings
Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm completely and totally obsessed with celebrities, celebrity gossip, and most certainly, the idea of meeting a celebriy. Today, we saw a number of famous folks and were fortunate enough to get some pictures with them. I present to you now, the greatest collection of celebrity sightings ever before seen in a single day (or a lifetime for that matter)

Keno Brothers - the single greatest appraisers from "Antiques Roadshow"














Stedman - The one and only Mr. Oprah Winfrey



















Chris Tucker - was actually really mellow, not at all the usual spaz he plays in the movies
















James Hetfield - this guy almost made me pee my pants I was so excited to see him (literally - I think I pee'd a little) At first I said to Dana "What - is my cousin Greg out here?" and then about 2 seconds later I said "Holy SHIT - that's James Hetfield" We had to step inside the store that he was standing outside of, to pick up a tie that Dana bought earlier (which totally justifies the purchase now in my mind) and I kept watching the window, to make sure that he didn't go anywhere. Luckily, he stuck around and when we got out of the store, I stood there for 2 or 3 minutes, just hoping for a break in the conversation between he and his pals. When the opportunity presented itself, I walked up to him and said "James Hettfield?" and he was like "Yeah" and I was like "holy shit I want to marry you" (wait... i think i only thought that) but I was really like "Would you mind if I got a pic of you with my husband?" and he was completely cool about it. He was actually really nice, shook our hands, made some small talk with us, he even smiled for the camera, although you can see what I caught looks more like a tough guy face, which I'm pretty cool with (like that scary guy look anyhow) Now I just need to figure out how to Photoshop Dana out of it, then blow it up into like a 10'x15' poster for our room :)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, I'm pretty impressed with Hetfield! Brings back lots of memories. Looks like you two are having a great time...Just raining here nonstop.

Unknown said...

I really want a photo of Dana with the ascot in front of a car

Big Nan said...

Hi Guys! It looks like you're having a great time. I have no idea who Hetfield is, but I do know Stedman!! Gotta love those frisky seals. The pancake looks nummy. Had our fish fry for the Bayfield group this afternoon, and it was great except for the rain. Enjoy the sunshine as I don't think we'll have any for sometime!

LifeReboot said...

James Hetfield...I've been trying to catch up with him since 8th grade when I got a sore neck after a Metallica concert from bangin my friggin head so hard! I really should've gotten some cash from that!

Chris Tucker is awesome..."where the rag, where the towel?"!

Since you're not sure about kids, I think you should have seals.

Wish me luck getting through the next three days! I'm glad you are having fun!

Colleen Mullins said...

Who the heck is Hettfield?

Dana Nybo said...

James Hetfield is the lead singer for Metallica.