Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So, this is San Francisco (why would Colleen leave?)

A shortcut through Sonoma...

The trip from Napa to San Francisco was pretty good, I really enjoy driving in this area of the country, just wish I were in a better prepared vehicle. No wonder everyone in California owns a Porsche. It's not the weather allowing them to drive year round, it's the roads taunting you to have more fun.
It was pretty easy getting into the city, not a lot of traffic, the only issue we had was choosing the wrong lane at the toll plaza at the Golden Gate bridge. The one thing I've learned about driving in San Francisco is that if you want to go over water, it's going to cost you $5.
We had an idea of the location of our hotel/inn, but never realized how great it would be. We are on the corner across the street from Washington Square Park. We are right below some tower and across the street from a church... I guess these landmarks are some big deal or something. ;)
Here's the view from our room (we got the best room in the Inn (once again, I love my wife).

The trip to return the rental car was rough, we had to go to the middle of the city and when we got there, they weren't taking returns and sent us another 4 blocks. We were lost and frustrated, we were almost as upset with each other as when we try painting together. We made it though and the extra four blocks added to our walk were excellent. We walked through Union Square to China Town and all the way back to our hotel through China Town. We stopped and shopped and haggled. Funny thing, Sarah will barter for anything, but was uncertain in Chinatown... She let me haggle with them and I was able to get about 20% off everything, but I felt defeated because I wanted 25%.
No idea about our plans tonight, but I'm sure we'll have fun.
Good Luck,
~Dana

No comments: