Monday, August 20, 2007

Welcome to Napa.


So, we made the trip from Monterey to Napa this morning... funny thing is how everyone thought is was such a huge drive, but it was really no problem. People had told us that it was anywhere from 3.5 to 4 hours, but I believe we made it in 2.5 hours. We did have a little break in the trip though, and as Colleen may be able to attest, there are a couple outlet malls along the way. The one stop we made was in Gilroy. Why stop at the outlet mall when we live footsteps away from the one in Albertville? Lets just say "Brooks Brothers". The Brooks Brothers outlet was a priority and boy, I'm glad we stopped. There is also an outlet mall here in Napa, which also has a Brooks Brothers store... I love this place!
Sarah planned this trip and made reservations at a Best Western, can you believe it? I was so disappointed when I heard we were staying at a Best Western. Now that we are here, I see why we are here. This Best Western has won some special award for being one of the best. I'll tell you, this is an incredible place. We are in a separate building across the courtyard from the main building, on the second floor looking down on the beautful fountains and garden. The room is huge, no really, it is big and best of all cable ready(nice to see my friend TV again!)
Good choice again Sarah. This has been the best trip I've ever been on.
I love my wife.

No comments: